Why are people afraid of roller coasters

Why are people afraid of roller coasters if they know they aren't going to get hurt? I was once a phobic of roller coasters. Fears are generally irrational as those who are phobic tend to overthink about them. As roller coasters are meant to be "out of control" even though they are controlled by the layout of the track, the phobia stems from not being in personal control. They believe that they are not in control, and the direct result would be that they get overworked about not going on them. Then, the more they stay in that mindset the more concrete the phobia becomes. This was true about my phobia in relation to inversions on roller coasters. I felt that even though roller coasters are very safe that inversions were way too scary. On Veteran's Day of 1997 when I was 13, I decided to overcome my phobia on Windjammer that used to be at Knott's Berry Farm as that roller coaster had only one forward inversion (both Montezooma's Revenge and Boomerang had forward and backward inversions). Once I rode Windjammer, I became hooked on roller coasters, and I joined ACE ten years later in 2007 while riding over 500 unique roller coasters! So, in order to overcome the phobia, here are my suggestions: 1. Use mind over matter in order to reduce the irrational fear to a bare minimum knowing that because roller coasters are safe that you will be safe. 2. Become "in control" by riding a roller coaster, and prepare for the G forces. 3. Start out small (i.e., a junior coaster) and work your way up (e.g., height, speed, inversions, length, etc.). 4. Repeat the experience so that you can get used to the sensations.
trackless train for sale canada
flying chair ride for sale
Buy Thrill Big Pendulum Rides

Comments